Costume and Prop Rentals
All costume rentals and returns are by appointment only.
Book your appointment with our costume manager, Lisa McLaurin, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 615-904-ARTS (2787).
For props, email Jesse Watts at email@example.com or call 615-904-ARTS(2787). Please allow at least 24 hours’ notice for costume or prop rental and return appointments.
Costumes and props may be rented at the following prices*:
Separates (top, pants, skirts) - $7
Outfits (dresses, top and pants, suits, etc.)- $13
Specialty costumes (King Triton, Glinda, etc.)- $25
Accessories (shoes, hats, etc.)- $2
Small Props (books, flowers, etc.)- $5
Medium Props (suitcases, baskets, etc.)- $10
Large Props (boxes, cow, etc.)- $20
*All companies with whom we have a reciprocal agreement will have fees waived.
No cleaning required. CFTA will launder and dry clean costumes after each rental.
A fee of up to $100 may be charged to replace permanently damaged costumes.
Costumes and props must be returned within one month of rental unless otherwise arranged with The Center.
A late fee of $2/day will be applied to all props and costumes returned after the designated due date.
Costume and prop returns are by appointment only. All props and costumes must be inspected by a staff member upon return.
Your wedding reception, banquet or awards dinner will be a “masterpiece” in our art gallery. Exhibits in the gallery change quarterly and will give your event a unique touch. The Center’s 1,860 sq. ft. art gallery holds a maximum of 125 people for a standing reception and 100 people for a seated event. The Center provides use of ten 60’’ round tables (each seating 10) with 100 white folding chairs for your guests, four 6’ banquet tables and two 8’ banquet tables for serving. Finishing touches for an event in the gallery include a grand piano and a sound system. The Center does not provide catering but is happy to recommend several with excellent services.
The Center’s beautifully appointed performance hall is perfect for your wedding ceremony, large meeting, music or dance recital or theatrical event. The performance hall has seating for 126. Seating in the auditorium is raked so each of your guests get the “best seat in the house.” Rental of the performance hall includes: general stage lighting, but does not included charges for technical operators, running crews, or additional equipment.
Our kitchen makes events at the Center for the Arts a breeze. Our kitchen contains a standard oven, range, microwave, coffee makers and a full size refrigerator and freezer.
Our "mirror room" is a small studio space perfect for smaller groups. Folding chairs can be provided for this room.
View our rental agreement here:
Rental Rates and Restrictions
To inquire about renting any of our spaces, please email or call us at (615) 904-ARTS (2787)
$600 first hour (includes 1 hour setup/1 hour recovery)
$175 each additional hour
$500 first hour (includes 1 hour setup/1 hour recovery)
$150 each additional hour
Studio Mirror Room: $55 an hour
Kitchen: $25 hour
Grand Piano: $50 flat rate (piano tuning is an additional fee)
1. A Deposit of $200.00 is required in order to confirm the date of your rental.
2. In the event of a cancellation, the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable and any production costs incurred prior to the cancellation must be paid by the renter.
3. User groups may be required to show proof of liability insurance
4. Reservation dates are bound by the deposit and contract received on a “first come, first serve” basis. We will tentatively hold your date without a contract or a deposit for 20 days. After this date, if you have not contacted the Center, we will automatically release the date.
5. Should another party request your date(s) before you have signed a contract, you will be given three business days, from the date of notification, to sign a contract and submit the deposit. If another party is interested in your unsecured date, we will attempt to contact you for three business days. If we are unsuccessful, we will consider the date open for booking and allow the second party to secure it. If a deposit is not received within the specified time, the second party may provide the deposit and the date will be assigned to them.
6. All user groups will be responsible for paying all royalties and other legally required fees for the use of copyrighted music, scripts, books, materials, and other similar works.
7. It is advised that your caterer make an appointment to visit the Center well in advance of your event to plan accordingly. The caterer is responsible for all foods and beverages, set-up, supplies and clean-up. Refreshments may not be consumed in the performance hall.
8. User groups may not obstruct any portion of the sidewalks, entries, hallways, stairs or other egress from the building including access to all building utilities.
9. No open flame devices or pyrotechnics of any kind will be allowed in the facility at any time. Only water based chemical or dry ice fog is permitted as a smoke substitute. No other smoke producing device is permitted.
10. The use of glitter, confetti, birdseed, and rice is expressly forbidden.
11. The CFTA is a non-smoking facility and a user friendly facility for those requiring wheelchair accesses.
12. For information about booking an event at the CFTA, please make an appointment by calling 615.904.ARTS (2787).