Front of House Staff
General Description: This position is a part-time (employee who reports to the Front of House Manager). The main responsibility of this position is to operate a clean, safe, organized, and profitable stand, while and box office, providing excellent customer service. REPORTS TO: Front of House Manager
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Sells items quickly and accurately.
· Produces hot menu items safely and consistently.
· Provides customer service to members and guests and report complaints to manager.
· Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of stand.
· Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
· Always maintain accurate cash handling procedures.
· Follow rules and regulations of The Center for the Arts, Inc.
· Interact with customers and clients in a pleasant and professional manner.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Responsible for Box Office shifts for main stage, CSA, and other productions. Schedule will be provided by Front of House Manager.
· Adhere to proper Box Office Policies and Procedures.
· To be proactive in the smooth running of Center for the Arts Box Office, to ensure a positive experience for patrons and optimum profit contribution to the Center.
· To ensure that members of the public using the Box Office, whether in person or by telephone, are greeted in a welcoming, courteous, and helpful manner.
· To be proactive on the theater’s behalf in customer care and public safety and comfort, ensuring that
customer requirements are dealt with courteously and efficiently.
· To be aware of the issues relating to the security of the building and the safety of staff and patrons.
· To implement the Center’s policies and procedures always relating to cash.
· Clean up and stock restrooms. Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory for paper goods for restrooms.
· Send out audience surveys after each performance and compile data.
· Oversee all front of house volunteers for performances. Set expectations, communicate instructions, and thank them. Report any issues to the Front of House Manager.
PHYSICAL EFFORT This position requires stooping, lifting, standing and walking. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• 16 years old by the start of employment.
• Experience in retail or food service preferred.
• Must demonstrate dependability, a positive attitude, an excellent work ethic, and ability to
work accurately in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to accept guidance and supervision.
• Available evenings and weekends.
• Must have reliable transportation.
COMPENSATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Pay is $10-$12 per hour. Please send email with job history to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this job posting. No phone calls please.