Part-Time, Flexible, $12 to $14 per hour
General Description: Performs general building and grounds maintenance duties in maintaining Center for the Arts Building, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors and other employees as necessary.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director/Special Project Coordinator
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Receives oral or written orders from the Executive Director/Special Project Coordinator.
· Works with the Cleaning Service to ensure theater, gallery, rooms, hallways, restrooms, offices, basement and stairways are kept clean and orderly.
· Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors and sills when applicable.
· Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
· Performs touch up and finish painting.
· Empties wastebaskets, replenishes bathroom, etc. when needed outside of regular cleaning service.
· Keeps inventory, orders, and replenishes restroom supplies.
· Orders and replaces light bulbs (not for theater).
· Sets up and tear down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and function rooms for Rentals and other events as needed.
· Work with CFTA staff to arrange for groups/people interested in borrowing CFTA equipment, props, etc.
· Responsible for all loading/unloading all Equipment, Furniture, Deliveries, Etc.
· Clears snow and ice from entrances and walkways.
· Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
· Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor.
· Participates in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
· Uses hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds and walks.
· Responsible for the shop and other areas with CFTA equipment used by volunteers.
· Aids officials, staff, visitors, and other employees as necessary.
· Checks building at beginning and end of shifts.
· Picks up orders for building needs.
· The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved oral or written instructions.
· Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
· Ability to lift and carry heavy objects.
· Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.